Business Formation and Dissolution
Business Law Attorneys – Setting you up for success
If you are starting, converting or dissolving a business, it is important to set out on the right foot. We help take care of the details so you can begin, or end, your business with confidence.
Business Formation and Dissolution Services
We help establish business entities in many diverse areas: from small and large businesses, to start-ups, to real estate companies, to real estate investment partnerships, to farm trusts, to co-op entities for multinational manufacturing corporations. We assist clients from small entrepreneurs who are just starting a business, to multinational companies expanding into different countries, and everyone in between. We also have been involved in some of Indiana’s largest mergers and acquisitions. Clients in other states routinely rely on our services to help with their local operations.
Structurally Sound Formation and Dissolution
Whether you are just starting out as a sole proprietor, or you want to convert your business to an LLC, LLP, S corp or other entity, we can guide you toward the best formation for your business goals. We think ahead so you’re ready to expand when the time is right. By creating the ideal business structure now, you are well-positioned for growth and investment in the future.
Avoid Common Formation, Operation and Dissolution Pitfalls
Some of the main problems we see with business formations and dissolutions include having the wrong organizational structure in place, failing to determine successorship, and using basic organizing documents that may miss many issues that may cause problems later. We also assist clients with proper documentation and corporate formalities, including annual resolutions and essential record-keeping matters.
Often, it helps business owners to talk through issues they may face. As seasoned formation and dissolution attorneys, we can be the ideal sounding boards and guides for organizing your best business formation and implementing proper operational procedures.
Business Formation and Dissolution Law Processes
These are a few examples of law processes we manage for business formation and dissolution:
- Outlining all available options and helping clients select the form their business will take
- Advising clients on the advantages and disadvantages of various types of business entities, in particular, with regard to tax implications, preserving the corporate form, and protecting against personal liability
- Guiding clients toward developing a clear understanding of the scope of goods or services their business will provide
- Drafting business agreements
- Ensuring clients comply with applicable licensing and filing requirements
- Dealing with employment contracts and common employment issues
- Managing real estate purchases, sales, leases, and transfers
- Resolving creditors’ claims
- Filing necessary dissolution documents with the State of Indiana
- Arranging for the payment of taxes and filing of tax returns
- Handling dissolution of shareholder or partnership agreements
- Negotiating and resolving potential shareholder or partner disputes
Why Choose Hackman Hulett LLP Business Formation and Dissolution Legal Services?
When you reach out to Hackman Hulett LLP, you will connect directly with an experienced attorney who will treat you with care and respect. We offer straightforward and efficient service, which ultimately saves time and money.
The Right Indianapolis Business Lawyers for Formation or Dissolution
Our attorneys at Hackman Hulett LLP are experienced in business law. It is a core practice area for our Firm. We have decades of experience and success in representing clients in business law transactions and litigation. We look forward to helping you with your issue.
Contact Our Indianapolis Business Lawyers Today
Contact us online, or call our Downtown Indianapolis office at 317-636-5401 or our Northside office at 317-344-2111. Discuss your business legal issues directly with a seasoned business attorney. Take the first step now toward setting up your business for success.
Our experienced attorneys will speak with you directly to make a meaningful determination about how best to represent your case.